BRICKS 4 KIDZ® school incursions are an exciting and new tool to encourage learning in students. A BRICKS 4 KIDZ® program provides opportunities for children to:
- Build problem-solving skills whilst providing an opportunity for creative expression and fostering an appreciation of how things work
- Develop critical thinking skills through design thinking processes
- Explore STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) concepts by utilising multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinaesthetic and auditory learning styles. Different kids learn in different ways!
- Develop social and emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project in a noncompetitive setting
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components and objects
A BRICKS 4 KIDZ® School Incursion takes learning out of the pages of the textbook and into an imaginative, 3-dimensional, hands-on learning experience! Use the LEGO® bricks your students already know and love to get them excited about learning. School incursions are a fun-filled, engaging experience that kids will be talking about long after the fun and learning has ended.
Posted by Bricks 4 Kidz – Central West, NSW on Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Curriculum and Instructional Content
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on STEM concepts.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams. We will work with you to ensure the content aligns with your appropriate curriculum.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
To bring our School Incursion program to your school, contact us – we’d love to hear from you! For OTHER LOCATIONS across Australia, CLICK HERE. In the meantime, here is a short video that illustrates our School Incursion program:
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.