Term 2, 2020 | After School Programs with LEGO® Bricks
Enrol NOW | Term 2, 2020 – After School Program | Gadgets and Gizmos👩🏻🎓👨🏼🎓💡👏
Students will discuss the difference between an invention and a discovery, learn how inventions solve problems, and discover how gadgets work. Each week, students are encouraged to think of what they could invent, or improvements they could make to an existing gadget. Students will be introduced to the world of ideas, creativity, inventions and gadgets. Inventions and gadgets during this term include the typewriter, turnstile and an optical illusion. Children will experiment with new LEGO® building techniques using motors, gears and axles, exercising STEM principles as they explore and create!! Our program will help build confidence, concentration and social skills in your children. Suitable for girls and boys aged 5+. Bookings Essential!😃
A.B. PATERSON COLLEGE
Ages 5 – 8 | Bookings Essential
- The workshops will be held every Monday & Tuesday from 3.30pm until 5.00pm in Room P1
- Monday workshops commence on Monday 27 April, 2020 – Monday 15 June, 2020 (inclusive)
- Tuesday workshops commence on Tuesday 28 April, 2020 – Tuesday 16 June, 2020 (inclusive)
- The class is open to A.B. Paterson students only
- Spaces are limited. Bookings Essential!
Here’s what happens in our workshops!
Our one hour classes explore architecture, engineering and technology concepts using LEGO® bricks. Students participate in one lesson per week over the full school term, focusing on exciting themes including Space, Inventions, Famous Buildings, and Natural Disasters. Classes follow the Bricks 4 Kidz® motto: We Learn, We Build, We Play with… LEGO® Bricks.
- We Learn– Teachers provide a 10 minute themed lesson
- We Build– Students build the model of the day with simple step by step instructions
- We Play– Students explore their own creativity through free play time